Tuesday 9 November 2010

back again

I'm not sure what my motivation was for creating this blog, or why my motivation has lapsed. In truth my motivation seems to have lapsed completely. I cant remember when I last went to a class, and not just Cheng Hsin but any martial art. There isn't really any reason for this, I've just been pulling away.

I guess some of it has been a questioning of things, questioning myself, questioning the system, questioning other people... I've been making some changes too.

I've been questioning my habits and limitations, I started eating fish again after a 17 year break. I remember Peter telling me once that he had been a vegetarian but wasn't anymore. its easy to get stuck into a habit of doing something. More than that it becomes a fixed belief. I believed that eating fish was bad. Honestly more than that I believed that I was superior because I didn't eat it. Now I eat it again I don't feel guilty, I feel free of the limitations of my beliefs.

I had an email from Kevin and began to question my lack of training, lack of motivation, lack of interest. I am still interested but I have been in some other place for a while. But I still love this martial art and still consider myself part of it.

I'm intending to be back, and so I thought I would begin with this intention.

No comments: