Tuesday 7 October 2008

Perseverance

Tonight I had a hard return to Cheng Hsin. There were so many things that I noticed myself doing wrong that it is hard to compose a blog entry under a particular subject. I was holding myself up too much, not allowing myself to just fall. I was tensing when going into a sidestep and slap and not rolling along my shoulders right. I was focusing on the future and not the here and now, and I was too focused on the games and not open enough to possibilities. And that's just what I noticed. Added to this I had someone sidestep and slap into my head, and then proceeded to quite possibly break a toe while playing pressure no pressure.

It would be very easy to see tonight as a setback, a reason to quit or to just sit at the computer and not train. But I do want to persevere, to be able to overcome my own boredom, frustration, procrastination and etc. To do this I want to do more even now after driving home and just wanting to sleep. So, I'll leave it there and go do something now.

No comments: